The Rain Is Helping, But We Need More
A few rainstorms or even a wet winter makes a positive difference, but they won't end a multi-year drought.
We import nearly all of our drinking water and we rely on snowmelt from the Sierra Nevada and Rocky mountains to replenish the sources of our water.
Ways you can help:
* Turn off irrigation system during or after rainfall for 48 hours * Water between 6 p.m. and 8 a.m.
* Use a broom to clean driveways and patios
* Fix leaks within 48 hours
* Filling or refilling decorative water features that use potable water is prohibited * Public medians are required to use recycled water
* Mission Viejo, Ladera Ranch, Coto De Caza, Rancho Mission Viejo, and Talega use recycled water for common areas Learn more about the six stages of water shortages by visiting
LAKE OROVILLE PICTURED ABOVE: Click here for more information: https://smwd.com/CivicAlerts.aspx?AID=127